A whole chapter has been dedicated to this in the AstangaHrudaya Sutra Sthana. Dinacharya is the name of the chapter; Dina means regular, and Charya means regimen. Ayurveda strives to treat the entire individual, not just the symptom, to eliminate the root cause of disease and restore harmony. Ayurveda considers a person’s diet to be very critical.
Natural herbs are highly valued in Ayurveda, and they are used in anything from diet to medicine to therapies. Yoga and meditation will help to relax the mind and align all of the doshas. Holistic wellbeing is essential and readily accessible to everyone; all we have to do now is regain it.
Ayurveda for you!
In the first place,
- Brahmi MuhurthaUthisthe: At Brahmi Muhurtha, a person should get out of bed early. That is, about 5 and 6 a.m., before sunrise, or about 45 minutes before the Sun rises.
- The person should move urine and feces, clean teeth with any of the twigs of the following herbs – Arka (Calotropis Procera), Vata (Ficus benghalensis), Khadira (Acacia catechu), Karanja (Pongamia pinnata), Kakubha (Pongamia pinnata), Kakubha (Pongamia pinnata), Kakubha (Pongamia pin (Terminalia arjuna).
- Massage is referred to as abhyanga. It should be done every day in the morning. It slows down the aging process, relieves tiredness, and reduces Vata excess (aches and pains).
- It enhances vision, nourishes body tissues, slows down the aging process, encourages restful sleep, and improves skin tone and complexion. Ears, heads, and legs should all be massaged separately.
- Massage should be avoided when the body’s Kapha level increases, such as during a Shodhana (Panchakarma procedure) or when indigestion sets in.
- Exercise helps you feel lighter, increases your workability, boosts metabolism, and burns fat. It improves the physical condition of the body.
- Snana — Bathing enhances digestion, serves as an aphrodisiac, extends life, and boosts power and enthusiasm. Dirt, waste materials, sweat, exhaustion, extreme thirst, a burning feeling, and microbes are all removed. Pouring warm water over the body provides strength but doing so over the head causes hair and eye strength to deteriorate.
- Sad Vritta – Optimistic, safe actions Nothing in Ayurveda is shallow. All is taken to its logical end. Here are some simple Ayurvedic tips that will help you live a healthier life if integrated into your daily routine.
- It is required to stick to a systematized daily routine and be aware of seasonal changes, as well as a well-planned diet and exercise schedule. Eat a hearty breakfast to get you going during the day, and keep your dinner light and eat it at least 3 hours before bedtime.Tulsi-Amrit (3–4 drops in a glass of water) can be consumed, or 15–20 tulsi leaves can be placed in your water dispenser and consumed during the day. It is a powerful immunity booster that also has anti-cancer properties.
- It is never a good idea to sleep during the day because it causes indigestion.
- Buttermilk is good for dropsy, hemorrhoids, enlargement of the abdomen, abdominal tumor, duodenal diseases, dysuria, enlargement of the spleen, loss of appetite, and anemia because it is easily digestible, satisfies hunger, instigates vata and Kapha, and cures dropsy, hemorrhoids, enlargement of the abdomen, abdominal tumor, duodenal diseases, dysuria, enlargement of
- Make a habit of having a glass of milk at night. Milk is better consumed at night because it decreases fatigue and aids in sleep induction. Add one pinch of turmeric to improve your immunity. Some people have gastric problems after drinking milk; in this situation, add one pinch of fennel seeds to the boiling milk.
- Often aim to consume only small amounts of fresh, lukewarm food. Food should be consumed at least 2 to 3 hours before bedtime to ensure good digestion and a restful night’s sleep.
- Avoid sleeping through the day. The practice of day sleeping is strongly discouraged by Ayurveda. For those who work at night, this rule does not apply. In the summer, one can sleep during the day, but not for long periods. Digestion is aided by sleeping on the left lateral side.
- Make oil massage a regular part of your day.
- Physical activity should be an unavoidable part of the day. Besides that, yoga practice will aid in the body’s lightness, flexibility, ability to function, resistance to pain, and digestion stimulation.
- Coconut water is sweet, refreshing, and easily digestible. It quenches thirst, enhances appetite, and cleanses the urinary bladder.
- You should go for a walk to improve your fitness. However, after dinner, a walk should not be precise. To prevent acid reflux and stomach upset, wait 15–20 minutes after dinner before going for a walk; however, some other studies refute this point. However, this is something that most people pursue. You can also give it a shot.
In a nutshell
Meat is a protein-rich acidic food. Fruits are alkaline, high in vitamins, and high in carbohydrates. We need both in a healthy balance. As a result, eat accordingly.
Have fun and live a happy, safe life.