Are you still considering rescheduling your travel due to COVID-19? If yes, that cannot be entertained much because of family travel needs or different work obligations! Yet, you will find that flying during COVID-19 can require you to be extra safe and secure with the protocols for social distancing intact safe, right?
Flying safe and arriving well in these difficult times of the coronavirus pandemic can be a challenging task. Indeed, it sounded no less than a dire when the World Health Organization (WHO) declared this pandemic as a public health emergency. Moreover, with no lesser cases than what we previously had and no vaccination or medication available for the disease, we are still figuring out the sleek path for its escape into our travel life!
So, what can be the best approach to prevent the spread of the disease in an authentic and useful manner? Although some travel airlines claim to have the best approach to fighting the travel issues in this pandemic, there is still nothing that can help us with this case. Without proper planning and safety measures, nobody can be safe in these difficult times, especially if you are flying during COVID-19. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), travel can be responsible for increasing the risk of contracting the disease even more!
Below are some of the most helpful tips to help you make your air travel secure and safe during COVID-19. Indeed, we hope these tips would reduce your anxieties and fears related to air travel at this time. As prevention is better than cure, opting to be safe during flying is essential for you and your family!
Helpful tips for flying safely during COVID-19
- Wearing a face mask all the time while you travel from one destination to another is the single most easy way to be safe. Remember, you should always have your face cover kept intact, even while you speak! Yes, you will find that not all the airlines and airports would be requiring face coverings. So, it may be easy to find individuals without the face mask! Therefore, it is advised that we should always be in your interest to wear a face mask while traveling. It would also help if you never forgot to keep some of the extra face masks for yourself. It can be helpful in the event if you lost your mask or damaged it.
- You can get the safety goggles for protecting your eyes. Moreover, in place of that, if you already have sunglasses or glasses, you can sue them for being safe while flying! Indeed, this is an important protection measure for airplane passengers, especially if they are in closed pack cabins or small cabinets. It is worth noting that coronavirus can spread quickly in such small cabins. You should know about how corona spreads to be safe at each step while traveling. People may be sitting too close to each other for hours in these sites, so it is advised to have the goggles for eye protection.
- It would help if you kept the disinfectant wipes accessible, handy, and easy to use while you enter the airplane. Although some airlines have already started with deep cleaning and sanitizing practices, why take the risk! This can be an extra precaution for being safe while you fly from one place to another.
- Choose a very comfortable pair of full sleeve shirts and long bottoms as your in-flight clothing as an extra measure. Moreover, you should be active enough to be attentive to your habits for touching anything along the way. As soon as you reach your destination, you should at a first remove and wash the clothing before its next usage.
- Washing your hands frequently can be one of the best ways to be safe. It is more essential in the places wherein you have to touch different papers and documents, like at the airport. If you visit any such café or a food court at the airport, never forget to wash your hands with soap and water.
- If you are experiencing a full flight at all, you should always consider your ticket to first-class or business class. For that, you can use cash or mileage points. Why are we saying so? It is because these areas in the airplanes allow mire personal space and, therefore, better hygiene. On top of that, there is less risk of contracting the disease.
The bottom line
Follow the above-said tips to be safe while you are flying during COVID-19. It is always better to maintain social distancing at all the places you visit, right from the airport queue to the airplane’s seating aspects. You may not find your nearby seats to be vacant now as already different governments have announced the need to unlocking the lockdown due to pandemics. So, it is all your responsibility to be safe and healthy.