The coronavirus pandemic has led the doctors to research its different aspects of functionalities and infectious behavior significantly. Since the first case was reported, researchers are finding new elements in the era of COVID-19 pandemic. With every passing day, we are informed of some new ways and discoveries in the light of the coronavirus disease. To date, there is no means of vaccination or medication that is officially available for coronavirus disease. While some favor an optimistic approach to vaccination, many believe it may never be possible to come up with a vaccine for the virus.
Till the trials for the COVID-19 vaccine are ongoing at various frontiers, it is advised to take the utmost precautions on the individual level. The coronavirus symptoms and precautions can now be considered as the only way out to this lethal pandemic.
Watch for the coronavirus symptoms.
The coronavirus symptoms can vary on a range of mild to severe, depending on the various factors of an individual. The coronavirus symptoms can greatly intensify if a person has pre-existing medical conditions. Some people may not experience any symptoms of the disease for many days. Yet, interestingly, the infected person without any visible signs can transmit the infection to others just by being in contact. Medically, this state is referred to as asymptomatic.
Do you know, you may carry coronavirus in your body before noticing it for 2 to 2 weeks of infection. In light of the present COVID-19 scenario, the coronavirus symptoms are listed below.
- A rise in normal body temperature or high fever
- Experiencing dry cough (not to be mistaken with the allergic cough)
- Having tiredness (It is not taken in the regular sense as feeling tired can be expected after work)
- Having aches and body pain
- Experiencing unusual sore throat
- Experiencing conjunctivitis for a relatively long time
- Suffering from diarrhea
- Feeling nausea or experiencing loss of taste or smell
- Experiencing persistent headache
- Observing a rash on the skin or discoloration of the toes and the fingers
- Some severe symptoms may include intensified versions of the milder ones. Scroll down to know about the severity of the coronavirus symptoms
- Difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest pain or feeling pressure in the chest
- Observing blue face or lips
- Experiencing excessive drowsiness
- Experiencing enhanced mental confusion
- Experiencing repeated shaking with frequent chills
- Experiencing a loss of speech or difficulty in body movements
Apart from these symptoms, a person may have some other mild symptoms depending on the mode of transmission. In the general aspect, coronavirus is known to attack the respiratory system of the body. Yet, studies suggest that the virus can be transmitted through various body organs as well. Instead, coronavirus spares no major body organ for its efficient functionality.
Interestingly, an estimated 0.04 to 0.2 percent of the people who suffered from flu in the year 2019-2020 died by March 2020. The above estimate is compared to around 5.4 percent of those with confirmed coronavirus cases in the United States.
Precautions for coronavirus infection: one way of an effective cure
The coronavirus pandemic has accounted for thousands of lives globally. Till there is a sorted way out to the deadly outbreak, its recovery cannot be taken for granted. As it is rightly said, prevention is undoubtedly better than cure, explore the precautionary measures for coronavirus infection. It is suggested that for as long as more than one new patient of coronavirus is recorded, COVID-19 will continue to spread. Indeed, we can slow down the rate of transmission by taking proper coronavirus precautions.
- Make sure you wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- After touching any suspected surface, make sure you sanitize the surface sufficiently.
- Maintain a distance of at least 1 meter while in public.
- Always cover your nose and mouth with the cloth mask and use gloves if possible.
- In case you are feeling unwell, stay at home with minimum contacts.
- Refrain from doing the activities that can harm your lungs.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid unnecessary travel and stay away from large groups of people.
- Wash the packaged eatables properly before use.
- Limit your contacts
- Avoid parties and crowd
Coping up with the new situation of the coronavirus epidemic can be challenging at all individual frontiers. You may be experiencing changes in your work life, and adapting to the new lifestyle can involve loads of patience. The majority of the businesses have opted for work from home for their employees on the work frontier. Functioning and working from home can have its advantages and disadvantages. You may experience work-related problems due to communication issues. It is essential to take care of your mental health amid all these passing events.
Moreover, it is always the good that needs to be explored in adverse times of pandemic like this. Watch for the early symptoms and take the necessary precautions for a safer and healthier lifestyle.